At last, a loud BRINNNNGGGG!!! and it was my favourite vet telling me I could collect the patient.
He's not completely out of the woods yet, but at least he's on the way to recovery.
As the doc put it, "I don't want to have another patient to worry about, so come on down and collect him. He'll recuperate much faster at home." Didn't need to tell me twice.
I quickly warmed some baked chicken pieces to take with me....he likes baked chicken....and off I went.
The journey seemed so long, even though just a five minute drive away.
Whenever I travel, the first gift item that is picked up is a lovely selection of chocolates/cookies for the veterinary staff, and this time was no exception.
The vet even made me laugh when he told me that they all said they definitely had to make sure Brownie was still around when I returned, if not they may not receive their gift.....that would never happen however.
Arriving, I chatted with the vet, who was sure it was some kind of (rat) poison that he had ingested. He was in a serious way, and I believe the quick thinking of my daughter may have saved his life.
He's on antibiotics and Vitamin K which is the only antidote in cases of this nature.
Headed out to the kennels.
You can tell how HAPPY I was to see him, my trembling hands could not even take a good photo.
He's been diligently trying to remove the bandage from his right front foot, but has not been successful as yet.
I hugged everyone, and we said our goodbyes (for now).
Returning home, the house and some parts of the garden were thoroughly inspected, and then he settled down into his favourite corner.
After another meal of chicken and copious amounts of water, he had fallen into a peaceful sleep.
I'm so glad that he's back home.
You may read more info here on rat poison and Vitamin K.