Wednesday 14 February 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!! 2018


Today is a special day,  not only is it Valentine's day, today is also Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent in the Christian calendar.
Lent is a period representing the forty days that Jesus spent in the wilderness fasting and praying after he was baptised.
It is a period of prayer, reflection and penance.
Seems kinda strange to have the two days coincide, since they're completely opposite and different occasions.
The last time the two days collided was back in 1945.

I didn't make it out to church today to have my forehead adorned with a cross of ashes, but I will try my utmost to give up some indulgence for the period of Lent.

I need not worry about giving up meat during this period since I don't eat meat anyway.
Whatever I decide on to give up, it must be meaningful. 

Hope your day was filled with lots of love...the right kind of love...the kind that is true and unconditional and mostly spirit-filled.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...