Monday 27 August 2018

I am still here too!

 
 It's me Brownie!!!
In case you're wondering, I am still here knocking around too!
For the life of me I can't comprehend how Mum could write her last post letting you know that she was still here living her life with absolutely NO mention of me!!!  The nerve of it all!!!
Why she left me out of the narrative I'm not sure, but I am writing my own story today.
Mum has been extremely busy and I have been keeping her company on most of her projects except those on the outside where the heat is unbearable.
Yes, some of the "To Do" projects are being completed and then others show up....the unexpected kind where she has no choice but to get them done.

Add me into that mix....the cellar has no door and recently I have been nosing around under there trying to find two Guyanese lizards that are living under there.
Sometimes I even do my reconnaissance in the wee early hours like 2.30am when she lets me out to do my business...yes I know that's naughty because I spend ages under the cellar until she has to go inside and grab a torch and then return to lead me out. By then we are both covered in cobwebs.
So now she has another project on her list ....a door for the cellar to keep me out.
She hopes to have it completed soon, therefore I still have a window of opportunity to carry out my exploration detail until then.

The days are HOTTT and we have been inundated with the Sahara dust which makes everywhere dirty and a chore for mum to keep the house clean.

I must tell you that I am not the same Brownie that you knew before.
Mum took me to the vet to have an op that took care of my man parts so now I will no longer have any offspring. If you may remember my prostate was swollen and becoming more of a problem so the op was necessary....I understand the necessary evil.
I am still having a good life.
Sleeping all cuddled up on Mum's slippers.
This way I will know exactly when she is headed outside ...no way can she get her feet in them except I awake....ha ha.

Tearing an empty wrapper apart that contained a tasty chicken patty from the bakery
I had to get every last drop of taste out of that bag.
Relaxing on the sofa with mum
We still get to cuddle after lunch while she relaxes for an hour to watch her soap "General Hospital".

YES we are both still here..."as we travel along singing our song, side by side."

7 comments:

  1. Good to see (and hear) more news. I've now got an earworm but, annoyingly, I cannot recall which version my parents had on a 78 rpm back in the day. I know Brenda Lee and Patsy Cline sang versions (leastways I think they did) but this was a male version. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I passed on the ear worm to you, it's a song that I danced to in one of our school's pantomimes years and years ago.
      I am sure you'll find the male version of "Side by Side" somewhere online and then you can put it to rest hopefully.

      Delete
  2. So great to hear from you (and Brownie). I've been missing from the blog world too but hopefully for not much longer. I am retiring from my job soon (giving 4 weeks notice tomorrow) so will have time to do lots of things I've been missing. I also have some news Mr Brown may be interested in, new friends for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it can be sometimes when life takes over and we have no other choice but to go with the flow.
      Soon you'll become a retiree like me (yeah right)...you are going to be busier now than before.....mark my words.
      While I was away I missed my blog friends and checking in to see how they were and what they were up to and reading their interesting posts.
      Time flies by so quickly, I can't believe I was away for so many months.
      Brownie is patiently waiting for the good news.
      Best of luck to you on your upcoming retirement...are you excited???

      Delete
  3. Nice to hear from you, and also the note from Missy. glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind wishes...I thought of you often..glad that all is well for you too.
      Will try to catch back up on my blog reading soon...take care.

      Delete
    2. Just hopped over to your blog and read the sad news...so so sorry about Missy, she was such a sweet soul..a great friend...may she rest in peace...she had a GREAT life with you and John. Brownie sends hugs.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...