Saturday 25 August 2018

The Humour of it all!!

Yes, it's me....after all this time....yep, I am still here.
Life took over AGAIN!!!!
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to keep up with my blog and to write a post at least three times a  week...well we all know that didn't happen.
Who was I trying to fool?
New Year's resolutions don't work....except maybe for a few people but I am not one of them.
Granted I started out pretty okay, but then everything went out of whack.
The universe would not let me have my way...how selfish could it be.
Anyway back to the humour of it all.
After my last post about my ant problem, which by the way is kinda solved but not with the concoction that I baited with (see last post) I ended up with a dilemna...more ants.
They all came out to party and in my opinion it looked as if they were coming by more and more.  
Yes, I was told that this would happen, but I still didn't have the patience to wait on all the "millions" of ants that were coming by and nosing around.  They weren't actually crawling into the containers to eat the bait but just seemed to be hanging around.
Once again I had had enough.
Back to the deadly poison.  I mixed up some Therminix and doused the areas where I saw them most, and would you believe that I saw "MILLIONS" of ants trying to save themselves as I poured it on the mounds. 
After one particular heavy dousing around my garden steps I was surprised to see about half an hour later, a mass of black dots emerge from the sink outside my kitchen door.
WHAT DE HECK!!!
It's a good 10-15 feet away.
These critters were really having a ball at my expense.
I have never seen so many ants in my life..just like some kind of omen....but then I read this " An ant nest near your home is good luck".  Who says????
I kept up the dousing every few days until eventually I am only seeing a few of them.
Surprise!!! I received a post card in the mail from my friend GB.

Ants in Pants

What a great sense of humour he has.
 The battle continues.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo glad to see you again. You have been very much in my mind recently. Now that I know you are still in the land of the living I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words GB, even though I wasn't checking in, you were still in my thoughts.
      Yes Brownie and I are both still in the land of the living.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...