Thursday 27 September 2012

A time to get away

Sometimes we just need to get away for a while....there is a sense of urgency that envelops us when "the time" comes upon us, and we instinctively KNOW that it is the right time to do so.
Our bodies can only take but so much, and in order to avoid total burnout, I have implemented a "getaway from it all" period every year to restore my soul and my mental health.
My many friends in foreign lands all jostle for my respite time away, but it is always impossible to visit them all, so I usually have to choose my best options.
I have many treasured friends and friendships which have been nurtured over the years, and some of them reside in the USA, so it was no problem making my mind up where my intended destination would be, however it was difficult to choose which states I would visit, so I decided to stick to the east coast.  Sorry to all my friends who live on the eastern seaboard of the US whom I did not have the opportunity to visit this year, due to time constraints....forgive me.

Strolling the garden for the last time before my flight, I came across my white Brassavola nodosa orchid blooming its head off.




Are you really leaving me?


Brazen had picked yet another avocado and taken a bite out, leaving it in my full view....."No avocados for you this year..."  That monkey just loves to taunt me.....even today he could not resist.



It was time to go.........."the time to get away."


2 comments:

  1. I just sometimes wish that instead of time away I could have time not away. Then I realise that one has to be very careful for what one wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes GB, we do have to be careful what we wish for...but if I don't take time out for myself, I think I would go stark raving mad.
    Maybe if I could truly relax at home...but I know I would find all kinds of work to do around the house, so I must get away to truly relax.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...