Wednesday 26 December 2012

I saw three ships, oops, four ships, oops, five ships come sailing in

Lovely bright sunshiny day.
It's a holiday here...Boxing Day.(*)
I saw three cruise liners in the port at first......then they were four.........


 Carnival Victory,  Aurora, MS Maasdam, and Riviera


....and then the biggest-a$$@#%*ss cruise liner steamed in,



Celebrity Equinox
Can you see how tiny the tug boat is compared to this monstrosity?



Fancy meeting you guys here........



Make room for me.......


Come on guys, move over, I need to get in here........



and then they were five.....yes, FIVE ships in the harbour.

I am sure that all the taxis and tour operators and stores had a wonderful Boxing Day.

(*) More info on Boxing Day here.


6 comments:

  1. How bizarre! It's like a city moving in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I spent quite a considerable amount of time reading your blog, and I enjoyed it. Is it okay if I add you to my blog roll?

      Delete
  2. The population of all those cruise liners must be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see these HUGE ships, especially when I'm in the city and getting a close up view, it can be quite overwhelming.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe the size of some of these cruise ships, when I see them in real life they look like skyscrapers laid on end with a bow and a stern! To be honest I wouldn't care to go on one. I'd get lost!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a wonderful 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the Christmas greetings. I hope that you enjoyed a wonderful day with your family as well.
      Aboard these cruise liners there are maps on every deck, as well as maps in the cabins for personal use, and it is fun to explore and get "lost", especially if you're not cruising alone, but with a fun group.
      Wishing you the best new year ever!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...