Thursday 29 August 2013

The sun peeked out today

It's been raining for the past few days.  Lots and lots of rain. So much so that my lawn was flooded at one point.


  Rain in the day
 
Rain in the day that looked like night
 
 Rain and more rain .....rain, rain, rain.

The sun did not have a chance.

What's a dog to do?  


Sleep

Sleep some more
Help Mum websurf for a new laptop

The sun made a gallant effort early this morning, and peeked its head out.  I decided to head out as well to run some errands in the city.
Headed back home, and stuck in slow moving midday traffic, in "the hot broiling sun" as my mum would say, what did my eyes spy but several members of the police force conducting traffic violation inspections.
You know the feeling that you get when you know that you're going to be pulled over?
It came over me.

I watched them wave through the three vehicles in front of me, and yep, you guessed it, I was pulled over for the spot check.
A pleasant lady constable.
"Hi Ma'am, we're conducting a spot check, and won't take more than five minutes of your time.
(Like I had a choice right?)
"License and insurance please." I handed them to her, and she looked them over very carefully, and handed them back to me.
"Thanks. Enjoy your day Ma'am."


As I said, "the sun peeked out today."  I met a pleasant police on duty today.

4 comments:

  1. Sleep looks like a good idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days can be very relaxing days, except one has to take care of errands outdoors.
    Brownie knows exactly how to enjoy a rainy day, maybe I should take a page out of his book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rare to get pulled over for a routine check in the UK (well in my experience anyway) but it's routine in NZ and one can expect to be stopped at least once every couple of months. So far it's always been a positive experience for me. So far....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the second time in all my lifetime of driving that I've been pulled over for a spot check.
      Our police force have the reputation of being very gruff when dealing with the public, so this was a welcome encounter.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...