Monday 24 October 2016

"Digestion...How the Body Works" Seminar

I can't believe that I've had this post in Draft format from last year....I had been meaning to post it when I had some additional information but I received the info ages ago....where does the time go?
It was only when I saw an invite for another upcoming seminar that I realised that I hadn't posted this one.
Brain Fog at its best.
Actually to be honest I have about 40 draft posts sitting in my Blogger Pending folder awaiting my attention, not good at all.
So with no further ado Let's finish this "better late than never" post.
I know I've told you before that I love using healing herbs and old time remedies for any maladies that I may experience with my body.
My bookshelf is filled with several herbal books and homeopathic medicinal literature ranging from Back to Eden to Miracle Medicine Herbs....I've been collecting them over the years and they're the first books I reach for when encountering something wrong with my body or one of my friends that may ask me to research their malady.  With the internet these days it's even easier to source information more readily but one must be careful about some of the information circulating on the internet...some bad and some good.
I love the whole holistic, mind, body and spirit connection so much that my friends will invariably call me up like a "doctor on call" with various health queries.
When this email invitation popped into my Inbox back in October last year (2015) I immediately called and requested a ticket.
I have been purchasing health products over the years from Dr.Kelly's stores and they have always been the best.
Arriving at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Convention Centre venue, I was pleased to see that many others had decided to attend.  The conference room was soon filled to capacity.
"Nick" as he is affectionately called spoke for over an hour and explained exactly how Digestion in the body works.....I thought I knew quite a bit beforehand but I learned so much more.....much much more.


A couple of points are worth repeating here:

The body has three cycles.
Appropriation - Noon - 8pm
Points to remember: Finish all meals by 8pm. No late night snacks. Don't combine proteins and carbohydrates.
Assimilation - 8pm - 4am
Points to remember: Rest/Sleep. Cells take in nutrition and process it....the remainder become toxins.
Elimination - 4am - Noon
Don't drink hot drinks that will aid the body to reabsorb toxins. Don't exercise or be stressed in any way. Eat fresh fruits. No big breakfast to divert energy. Remember that 100,000,000,000,000 cells are trying to dump toxins into the lymphatic system which takes a lot of energy. 

Digestion starts before we eat.
When we see, smell or even think about food, anticipation causes the hypothalamus to secrete hormones that start the digestion process. That's why it's best to chew our food to liquid instead of juicing our foods.
The Digestion Steps:
1.The Mouth - Amylase in saliva is secreted in the mouth to break down carbohydrates
2. The Stomach - Food stays in the stomach for about 1 hour in the pre-digestive stage.
3. Duodenum - Chyme from the stomach arrives in the Duodenum
4. Jejenum
4. Absorption -Nutrition from digested food is absorbed and delivered to the cells.
5. Large Intestine (Colon) - Last stage of the journey where the food that was not absorbed moves into the large intestine and the remaining moisture is absorbed before being evacuated as waste (excreta).


Foods We Should Avoid
Refined Sugars
Refined Flour, Rice and Grains
Irradiated Foods
Stored Foods
Over-cooked Foods
Caffeinated and Carbonated Drinks
Chemically treated Foods
Genetically Modified Foods

Beneficial Foods
Raw Foods
Whole Grains, Nuts, Seeds (not wheat, barley or rye)
Cold pressed Oils
Organic Foods
Free range meats and eggs
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Plenty of filtered or bottled water

Did you know that.....
60% of your immune system resides in the gut.
60 - 80% of your neuro-transmitters are manufactured in the gut, so if your gut is toxic so is your brain...hence Brain Fog.
The gut wall is only one cell thick so is easily compromised leading to Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Leaky Gut Syndrome is caused by:
Viruses
Bacteria
Candida
Heavy metals
Environmental Toxins
Alcohol
Anything that affects the liver.

Don't forget our STRESSful lifestyle is also a compounding factor to all toxins.

 After the lecture was finished, we were introduced to the Non-Linear Bio Analysis machine which "uses ultra high frequencies to detect energetic stress right down to the DNA level."


The technology was developed in Russia and was initially used on the Russian cosmonauts on the International Space Station.  There are only 67 of these machines in the world and Dr.Kelly has three of them at his Natural Medical Centre.


I found a youtube video here that gives an idea of how it works.
More info on the Magnetic Resonance Bio-Analyzer from the Natural Awakenings website here.


I was lucky to be one of the first 100 attending the seminar to be gifted with a free bottle of Complete Digestion enzymes.

I am looking forward to the upcoming seminar which will be "Improve Your Health & Extend Your Life For Free or Very Little Cost!"
Of course I'll write a post afterwards...hopefully it won't take as long as this one.

6 comments:

  1. Well there's certainly a lot to digest in that post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Digest it well GB...lots of valuable information to live by.

      Delete
  2. Probiotics are the big thing these days. I was making water kefir, but killed the grains when I was away. Will start again. I would love to make saurkraut - did it once, but I dont think I left it long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be successful this time around with your water kefir.
      It's amazing how we have to take all these supplements (probiotics) after eating lifeless food.
      Actually I came across a LONNNNG list of companies that are still using GMO's in processing their products....so sad.

      Delete
  3. Food for thought! :o) I hope you're planning on attending the 2017 Capital Region Garden Bloggers Fling! I'm the host and I'd love to meet you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to attend, but after yesterday's results I'm not so sure at present.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...