Wednesday 24 May 2017

Sir Roger Moore - James Bond


Sir Roger Moore - Mr. James Bond

October 14, 1927 - May 23, 2017

The sad news yesterday of the passing of Sir Roger Moore - Mr. James Bond.
He died in Switzerland after a brief battle with cancer.  He was 89 years old.
Roger Moore was one of my beloved British actors in both "The Saint" and "James Bond 007" roles. 


Of all the actors to play 007 he was my favourite and in my opinion he was THE character created by Ian Fleming in his Bond novels....no one could do it like him.
He holds the record as the oldest debuting Bond 007 at age 45 (Live and Let Die 1973) and the oldest Bond 007 ever at age 57 (A View to a Kill 1985).
He also holds the record for the longest-serving Bond actor.

How will I ever forget his "Shaken not stirred" quip to bartenders when they mixed his vodka martinis....always made me smile.
It's time to catch up with Bond again...a marathon movie weekend of all his movies will be my way of honouring his memory.

May he rest in peace.


The Times story of his life here.

"A Matter of Class" Documentary here.

3 comments:

  1. When I was in New Zealand I started watching the Bond movies from the first but didn't get very far. For some reason they have never really appealed to me very much. I'm not sure why. Sir Roger was the embodiment of 007 though I have to agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up on 007, it was a part of my childhood which made me very happy.
      My dad and I would watch and enjoy....those are all cherished memories for me now.

      Delete

  2. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...