Monday 27 June 2016

New Babies (Plants)

Well what'dya know...Plant Swap #4 rolled up on me like a thief in the night.
I had the date in my mental file (my old noggin) and I knew it was later in the month and I also knew that the day and time had changed, but yet when the day dawned, I still wasn't as prepared as I should have been.
Needless to say I took all the potted plants I had prepared and a few cuttings from my favourite jasmines and herbs along to the swap.
Would you believe I also had baby pink ginger lilies to share???
Our Facebook group Barbados Garden Lovers is like a family and I always enjoy the company of these kindred plant lovers....so much information to learn and to share with each other.
It was a wonderful evening.
 My new plant babies.
Or should I say "rediscovered" plants...since I used to have these in my collection before.

 White Bleeding Heart (Clerodendrum thomsoniae) and a few cactus cuttings.
 Sugar Apple (Annona squamosa)
I hope Brazen and crew allow me to get a few when it bears fruit this time around. This was one of the fruit trees I cut down
 previously as the monkeys were getting the fruit before me.
Papaw (Papaya) seedlings.
I chose two since I have no way of knowing if one may be a male...the male plants do not bear fruit.
I had so much fun that I only remembered to take two photos, and since the faces are included I will not be posting them here.
Now that the rains have finally settled in and the drought is no more I am excited to be planting new babies in my garden.
I've lost a lot of grass from the lawn and some other mature plants have suffered terribly but I believe that with some tender loving care they can be saved.
Lots of work to be done to whip the garden back in shape but I'm ready.....GAME ON!!!
Thanks to another great plant swap I am armed and ready.

8 comments:

  1. My flowers and bushes have been doing very well this year. I do swap plants with friends but my garden is so exposed to the salt-laden wind that many plants don't thrive. Lack of water is rarely a problem though! I do hope that one, or preferably both, of you papaw are female.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I'm extremely late with my reply...I've been so busy.
      Your plants always look nice to me blooming away in your garden...I certainly can't tell that you are fighting with salt-laden wind.
      Brazen is already eyeing up my pawpaw plants....darn that monkey!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Virginia! I wanted to tell you how happy I was to see a response from you on Bob and Sophie's blog. I have missed your comments, and was worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind concern....I am alive and well.
      It's just that my summertime maintenance chores keep me so busy that by nightfall I am so TIRED....too tired to blog...that's when I do my blogging.
      Guess what, I will soon be finished with the major chores so I will be back online soon.
      Thanks for the love!!!

      Delete
  3. Me too, Virginia. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind concern....I am alive and well.
      It's just that my summertime maintenance chores keep me so busy that by nightfall I am so TIRED....too tired to blog...that's when I do my blogging.
      Guess what, I will soon be finished with the major chores so I will be back online soon.
      Thanks for the love!!!

      Delete
  4. I also meant to say good luck with all the new plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie Jo, honestly I did lose some of the plant babies because I have been so busy. Thankfully I love to share so at least the ones I shared with my girlfriends are alive and doing well.
      I will receive some baby plants back....ain't that nice?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...