Monday 21 September 2015

The St. Stephen's Church Fair 2015

Saturday afternoon found me surrounded by beautiful plants "assisting" my girlfriend in the plant stall at the church fair.
To be honest I was feeling so weary from the heat and from all the running around I had done in the morning that I wasn't as helpful as I could have been.

I sat in an oasis of beauty...many church members (including me) had donated plants to the cause and there were many to choose from.

The plant stall resembled a plant nursery with prices to suit every pocket.

This beautiful rose did not last long and went home with a delighted new owner.

The day was hot as usual and as the sun settled into its afternoon ritual, it shone down on us with an intensity that continues to amaze me....where does it find all the energy to engulf us with such heat day after day after day?  Don't answer that I already know the answer, but still...the heat was unbearable.  If it were a rainy afternoon I guess I'd be making a noise about that too.


Truth be told, I'm happy it was a beautiful bright sunshiny afternoon.....but we also had a welcome quick rain shower to cool the afternoon down a bit.

The fair was held in the church's car park with lots of stalls and entertainment for the kiddies.



There was a bouncy slide...........

....and a choo choo train.

Lots of food stalls
The kids enjoyed this GameMatrix mobile video game bus.
Who am I fooling...I saw some adults going in as well.
The Diabetes Association Bus was there too.
There were many stalls including clothes, variety, books, tombola, and also a children's stall with the biggest lucky dips I have ever seen in my life, but my favourite stall was the Sweet Treats stall above where I purchased some cupcakes and sugar cakes for daughter dear and I to share.
The DJ played a wonderful selection of music and the resident clown kept the children entertained all evening. 
Several groups of dancers and other musical performers, including a young steel pannist kept us all happy for the afternoon.


This year's St. Stephen's Church Grand Fair was held in aid of the Parish Centre Project.
It sure was a wonderful evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...