Tuesday 26 February 2013

What's been happening

Just thought I would write an update on the recent happenings.

Usually after elections, we are awarded a bank holiday as a celebratory gift...nothing this time around....but it's all good.
Here is a Prime Minister joke on the topic. 

 Translation: Bank Holiday Monday?  You'd better make sure you iron/press your work attire on Sunday night for work on Monday.
This is the first time that this has ever happened in my life time.  Wow.......

My phone was out for 3 days as a result of the guys working on the new cables. My line was ported over to someone else's number in error, and all my calls and messages were going to another house. Hope none of you left me any intimate messages during that period. Oh what a thing!!!
Since I live a stone's throw from the Telephone Exchange, I walked over and told them my problem, as well as reporting it to customer service.  In the blink of an eye, a pleasant chap was on his way over......

 

 .......and worked his magic with his do-dah gadget.


After my tooth removal, my daughter looked after me by cooking me the most delicious soups and buying me my favourite snacks.

 Pumpkin split pea soup made by my dear "Soup Nazi" daughter
If you're not a Seinfeld fan, here is the hilarious Soup Nazi scene


While I on the other hand I decided to bake another Bailey's bread pudding
and also an anniversary cake for Brownie ...I forgot to take a photo before we attacked it.


 There was also some lentil peas rice with cod fish and bok choy.

To be honest, my dear daughter has just re-discovered that the kitchen is used for cooking, so now I'm living in some kind of twilight zone, where food is being prepared constantly using new recipes that have been downloaded from the web, and on any given day, the kitchen now resembles the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen.
I'm not griping at all, I'm having a ball being the guinea pig.
Like this one......

 Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole
and this one....

Apple Crisp
which was really like a cobbler......whatever the name, it was very tasty.
The quarry after the fire

After the big fire in the quarry, lots of strange appearances like this dead centipede turned up on the side path.

One large dead centipede

Elsewhere in the garden, there are some lovely blooms.









I also played bartender at my friend's mums 80th get-together last Friday evening, which was a lot of fun, since I have never been, nor will ever be a mixologist. 


I solved that problem by allowing folks to pour their own liquor, and I topped  the glasses off with the chasers....worked out quite well. Rum and cokes were REALLY rum and coke.

Last weekend, Cost-U-Less membership club opened its doors to the public here. We had fun walking through and admiring the merchandise....no shopping though, since it wasn't costing me any less than the places that I normally shop.

So what's been happening with you?

5 comments:

  1. I can't keep up!!!! Firstly I thought I was up to date with my reading and I'm obviously not - I missed a day and enough information to make me dizzy. I've never seen Seinfeld. The clip was rather odd and perhaps I need to see an episode to appreciate it. Presumably a lot of creatures will have either perished or been driven out by the fire. Your blooms are very beautiful and exotic. I've never tasted rum.

    Me? I've been playing croquet and going to the gym and just poddling along with life.

    It's pretty good really and a lot better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love soup and the cooking looked very appetising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did my original comment disappear to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have gone into the Blogland equivalent of a black hole because it appeared in my inbox as having been published. So here is the original comment:

    I can't keep up!!!! Firstly I thought I was up to date with my reading and I'm obviously not - I missed a day and enough information to make me dizzy. I've never seen Seinfeld. The clip was rather odd and perhaps I need to see an episode to appreciate it. Presumably a lot of creatures will have either perished or been driven out by the fire. Your blooms are very beautiful and exotic. I've never tasted rum.

    Me? I've been playing croquet and going to the gym and just poddling along with life.

    It's pretty good really and a lot better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seinfeld is a US comedy that I love....the characters are hilarious. I think you may enjoy it if given the chance.
    GB, you are in a class with a difference having never tasted rum...we may have to remedy that...smile.
    Sometimes my comments disappear as well on blog posts, and I have to rewrite them...I have no idea where they go to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...