Thursday 28 February 2013

City errands

Today, I found myself in the city......an unscheduled trip into the hustle and  bustle of Bridgetown.
A hot day, but since February is a short month, (which caught me unaware), it was necessary to take care of some month end payments.  I really should sign up for online payments, but I prefer to deal directly with these two payments in particular in person.
There were a few cruise ships in the harbour, so I knew that I would be sharing the city with tourists ambling along the sidewalks and taxi drivers trying to outsell each other with enticing the visitors to take an island tour.
Amazingly, the bank was practically empty, so I was in and out in mere minutes. Armed with my newly pinned credit card, I "bopped"* into two  department stores, where I ran into some friends whom I had not seen for a long time. Yes, I know I live on a small island, but I left the corporate world over 12 years ago, and I had not seen these folks since then, and we were all still living on the island!!  It happens all the time.
On my way out of the city, I heard the sweet tempo of steel pan music.


Steel Pannists outside a city store

I was tempted to tarry a while, but I knew that if I did not make it home in a timely manner, "you know who", would be having a late lunch, and he wouldn't take too kindly to that.
I hurried  myself on home, to find him waiting at the door for me....I was half an hour late, but after an explanation, he waited while I prepared his meal and then ate to his hearts content.
When he's okay, I'm okay.

* traipsed happily


4 comments:

  1. Substitute "bopped into garage and went to gym" and that was pretty much my day so far too. Now I'm off out to dinner in town with friends at a place called 'Milk and Honey'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like the sound of that restaurant "Milk and Honey", it sounds heavenly, let me know how you enjoyed it.
    I'm glad that you're keeping up with your gym workouts, it will all be worth it in the end.....good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good evening thanks Virginia. The meal was excellent. On the first Friday of each month there is a set menu at a fixed price of $35NZ. There were 12 of us. This was my first time. I shall go again.

      Delete
    2. I am so happy that you enjoyed your evening at the restaurant. Twelve friends out to have a good time, that's what life is about.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...