Wednesday 30 April 2014

International Jazz Day


 Oh Happy Day!!
Special day today for me....today was International Jazz Day....a day to celebrate jazz the world over.

A few years ago, back in November 2011, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) officially designated April30 as International Jazz Day.
 
I don't need a special day to celebrate jazz music....it is already embedded in my soul....it caresses my tired body at night before I drift off to sleep.....it keeps my psyche intact.
My world would be empty without jazz....yes, it would be.
Even though I spent the day in the kitchen preparing for my hen party tomorrow, I was surrounded by lovely jazzy music from a few of my favourite guys.
I would have given an arm and a leg and ten toes to have been in Osaka, Japan today.
Oh Happy Day!!
Hope you had a wonderful jazzy day too.

More info here and here.

3 comments:

  1. As I think we have discussed before I enjoy more traditional jazz but do not listen to it anywhere near as often as I once did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to jazz on a web radio station when I'm blogging and surfing....very soothing and leads to a clear thought process.
      Listen to your jazz and enjoy it while you're outside gardening this summer...who knows...the fish may like it too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...