I made sure to leave a fairy large space at the end for my herbs and other eatables which I intended to plant.
Several weeks, then months went by, and I kept on putting it off to dig those "rogues" out. The next thing I knew I had heliconias cozying up to my rosemary bush and also rubbing shoulders with my dill and thyme. I knew I had to get them out soon, but yet I kept putting it off.
I wanted to re-design the herb garden and make it more user-friendly.....yet I didn't make a move to get it done. To be honest I was working on other areas, and I figured the "rogues" could wait a while longer.
The invaders continued to throw their weight around in the herb garden...which was looking less and less like a herb garden every day.
A friend of mine who is an avid gardener came by a few days ago and took matters into his own hands.
A large pot of rogue heliconias to be dumped.Grabbing my Mum's large garden fork, he set to work digging the "rogues" out. He made light work of the task and in two twos they were out.
Free at last!!
I should have taken a before photo, but I forgot.
My herbs were free again, and the soil in my herb garden was turned over and raked to perfection.
I was so very very thankful for his kind help. Thanks D!!
Now I can revamp my herb garden and organise it properly. Yes.....yet another project.
I didn't have the heart to discard the "rogue" flowers......they came into the house with me.
Standing pretty in a vintage glass vase - a gift from my friend Frank a couple of Christmases ago.
I love having fresh flowers in the house, and I love them even more when they're from my garden.