Sunday 10 March 2013

I can't believe....

Last night as I was channel surfing looking for something interesting to watch, I came across a movie which I had not seen before, and to my delight, one of my favourite actors was starring.
Being an Anthony Hopkins fan, I thought that I had seen all of his movies, but somehow, I managed to miss this one, "Legends of the Fall" (1994).....how was this possible?
It was already quite late (for me) in the night and when I looked at the running time, I knew I would probably fall asleep towards the last portion of the movie...don't you just hate when that happens?
However, the background scenery and the actors all pulled me in, and before I knew it, I was totally immersed in this wonderful movie.

From the imdb website:
"Set in the Rocky Mountains of Montana in the early 1900s, this is a tale of love, betrayal, and brotherhood. After being discharged, Colonel Ludlow decides to raise his three sons in the wilds of Montana, where they can grow up away from the government and society he has learned to despise. The three brothers mature and seem to have an unbreakable bond, until Susanna enters their lives. When Samuel, the youngest of the three, returns from college he brings with him his beautiful fiancée, Susanna. The eldest son, Alfred, soon finds himself in love with his brother's fiancée, and things get worse when he discovers a growing passion between Susanna and Tristan. Colonel Ludlow's favorite son, Tristan is willful and as wild as the mountains. As the brothers set out to fight a war in Europe, suspicion and jealousy threatens to tear apart their once indestructible bond."

I watched it till the end without a nod in between.
I have no idea how this Anthony Hopkins movie slipped below my radar for so many years. My goodness it was released in 1994 for crying out loud!!
I thought I had viewed all of his movies....I guess not.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will probably add it to my collection....it's a keeper.

4 comments:

  1. It's a truly wonderful movie isn't it? I watched it last year as a result of hearing a piece of music which was used in it. I added it to my collection and I now have the soundtrack as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, the background music is also nice, and I think I know which piece you're referring to....the soundtrack is a great idea.
      A wonderful movie indeed.

      Delete
  2. I think I missed that one as well, it doesn't ring a bell. Just made a note to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I don't feel so bad about missing out on this movie years ago...at least I'm not the only one.
      Go ahead and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...