Monday 4 March 2013

I have an earworm

Have you ever had an earworm?  It starts out innocently enough, but then takes over, and you find yourself being taken over by it.
According to my friends at Wikipedia: "An earworm is a piece of music that sticks in one's mind so that one seems to hear it, even when it is not being played."

Now you may be wondering where my earworm came from...
I blame CJ at Rambles from my Chair entirely for my latest earworm. Recently he posted about listening to music from the band Queen, although I did not think him to be a Queen lover.
I love Queen and their music, and my favourite song happens to be "Bohemian Rhapsody."
From then until now, "Bohemian Rhapsody" has been with me. 

While I'm having lunch........"Mama I just killed a man, put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead."

In the bath .........."Bismillah! No, we will not let you go.
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go.
(Let me go) Will not let you go.
(Let me go) Will not let you go."


Watching tv...."Beezlebub has a devil put aside for me...for me ...for me!!!"

While vacuuming and cleaning......."Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine,
Body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.
Mama, ooh (any way the wind blows),
I don't wanna die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all."

 
While driving..."I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico."


 In the garden....."So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye.
So you think you can love me and leave me to die.
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here." 


So here you go....Queen performing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at Wembley Stadium...enjoy.




One thing I know about earworms, they leave as quickly as they come. You wake up one morning and you go about your day, and then you realise that it's gone......until the next one comes along. 
For more info on earworms, you can go here.

Here is a related mystery story.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! It's catching....aaahh!!! I see a little silhouetto of a man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Brownie is singing it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Queen!! Bohemian Rhapsody is one of my favorites! I had it blaring on my car radio the other day. Dang, girl, you have awesome taste in music!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above comment is from me, just logged in as myself instead of as my blog. :o) LOVE the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I have a vivid visual of you in your car with the music pumped up LOUD and singing to the top of your voice. Do we date ourselves when we say we love "Bohemian Rhapsody?"
      Actually, my daughter knows the song from "Wayne's World", so she thought it was an original...I keep on telling her that her generation is always "Borrowing" our music...smile.

      Delete
  5. OK, blame me - see if I care!
    Last year when I was up at GB's I got an earworm. It wasn't long before GB complained about it and I tried to switch it off. Instead he ended up singing or humming it as well. At least your link contains some useful suggestions on how to switch them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should care...it's your fault....don't worry, you're still my friend.
      I'm sure my infection will clear up by weekend.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...